There’s no need to dread cleaning out your fridge. Follow with these 10 easy tips to get your appliance back in top shape.
- Create an all purpose cleaner by combining 1 cup clear ammonia, ½-cup vinegar and ¼-cup baking soda into a gallon of hot water. Pour the solution into a bottle. This will act as a degreaser and prevent any mold or mildew. Wipe everything down with this solution, including your shelves and drawers.
- Clean out the dust from below your fridge by removing the grill and clearing out everything underneath. Check the pan of water under the unit which can contain unpleasant-smelling water.
- To fix odors, sprinkle vanilla extract on cotton balls and place in a shallow dish in your refrigerator. Orange extract also works.
- Check the insulating seam around the door for any cracks. This will help to pinpoint any leaks. You can test this by placing a flashlight inside your fridge and closing the door. Turn the lights off in the room and see if any light escapes through the seams.
- If your refrigerator is ever empty, place a large bottle of at least one gallon of water inside. It helps keep the refrigerator cool and running efficiently.
- Keep your refrigerator at 37 degrees.
Looking for more ways to connect with us? Follow our Facebook and Instagram for more updates!