Cooking and baking can be a lot of fun, but sometimes it can be time-consuming and messy. Luckily, there are some genius kitchen hacks that can make your life easier and save you time and effort. Here are 7 of our favorite kitchen hacks that you need to know!
- Use an ice cream scoop for cookie dough: Instead of using a spoon to measure out your cookie dough, use an ice cream scoop! This will give you perfectly portioned cookies and save you time.
- Freeze leftover herbs in olive oil: If you have leftover herbs that you don’t want to go to waste, freeze them in olive oil in an ice cube tray. This way, you can use them later in soups, stews, and sauces.
- Keep your cutting board from slipping: Place a damp paper towel or dishcloth underneath your cutting board to keep it from slipping while you’re chopping.
- Use a clothespin to hold your recipe: Clip your recipe onto a clothespin and attach it to a cabinet knob or shelf above your workspace. This will keep it off the counter and make it easier to read.
- Use a muffin tin for meal prep: Use a muffin tin to portion out and prep ingredients for meals in advance. This is a great way to save time during the week when you’re busy.
- Use a vegetable peeler for thin cheese slices: Use a vegetable peeler to slice thin, even slices of cheese for sandwiches or snacks.
- Keep your brown sugar soft: Put a slice of bread in your brown sugar container to keep it from getting hard and clumpy.