Malaysian cuisine is a blend of influences from Malay, Chinese, and Indian cultures, creating a vibrant and aromatic cuisine. One of the most popular dishes that has gained worldwide recognition is the Malaysian Chicken Satay. This dish is a delicious combination of juicy chicken marinated in a flavorful spice blend and then grilled to perfection. The dish is then served with a creamy peanut sauce that adds a sweet and nutty flavor to every bite.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. lemongrass paste
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, peanut oil, honey, lemongrass paste, ginger paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder. Whisk the mixture until well combined.
- Add the chicken cubes to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto the wooden skewers, leaving a little space in between each piece.
- Grill the chicken skewers for 6-8 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Serve the chicken skewers with the peanut sauce on the side.