A classic summer feast. New England lobster rolls contain just a few ingredients: large chunks of lobster, mayonnaise and celery, stuffed into a grilled hot dog bun. It’s enjoyed best on a hot summer day for added comfort. The rolls are easy to prepare since you can use frozen lobster, no need to fret with live lobster! Prepare these for your next weekend meal along with a side of chips.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
For the filling:
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
For the buns:
- 4 to 6 New England style split-top hot dog buns
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soft butter
- Lemon wedges
- Potato chips
- Make the lobster salad: In a bowl, stir the lobster meat, lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery, and mayonnaise together. Taste and add more salt, pepper, or lemon juice, if you like.
- Toast the buns: Spread the outsides of the buns with softened butter. Set a skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Toast the buns for about 30 seconds on each side, or until golden brown.
- Assemble the lobster rolls: Fill each bun with lobster salad. Serve with potato chips and a wedge of lemon.
Source: Simply Recipes