A cold and refreshing cucumber soup is great for a hot summer day. It’s super easy to prepare in just under 10 minutes! The chilled soup calls for chopped onion, buttermilk, sour cream, olive oil, dill, salt, pepper and of course cucumbers. Make it ahead of time to enjoy any day. If you don’t have a blender, an immersion blender works for this recipe.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Servings: 3 to 4 servings
- 2 large cucumbers (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion (white, red, or green)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Prep the cucumbers, onion, and dill: Peel, seed, and roughly chop the cucumbers. Chop the onion and dill.
- Blend: Put all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until completely smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
At this point you can make ahead and chill.
- Chill the soup: Chill in a container in the refrigerator until cold.
- Serve: Pour into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a feather of dill.
Source: Simply Recipes