A healthy and satisfying weeknight meal, this frittata is made with potatoes, onions, red peppers, spinach and ground turmeric. It’s a quick and easy meal, loaded with flavor. Be sure to slice the potatoes down their length for a better shape. Add the turmeric as you’re heating the oil to let it infuse with the oil.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces (225g) fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced down their length
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Set aside.
- Cook the onions and garlic: Heat olive oil in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the turmeric and stir so that turmeric dissolves into the oil.
Add diced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Cook the potatoes and other vegetables: Add the potatoes and a generous pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until some of the slices start to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the red pepper and cook until they start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add scallions and spinach leaves and cook until the leaves start to wilt, stirring occasionally.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until the eggs start to set on the bottom, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 8 to 9 minutes, until the center is set
Remove skillet from oven with oven mitts. Let frittata cool for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and season with more salt and some ground pepper, if desired.
Frittata will keep refrigerated for 5 days. Leftovers can be eaten chilled or briefly warmed in the microwave.
Source: Simply Recipes