Every holiday season, there’s nothing like relaxing and sipping on a hot chocolate to wrap up the evening. Try this recipe we’re sure you’ll love.
- 6 cups milk
- ¼ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 7 ounces good quality milk chocolate, chopped
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Mini marshmallows, for serving
- Combine the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, molasses, ginger, cinnamon nutmeg and allspice in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar, cocoa powder and spices are dissolved and the milk is steaming, about 5 minutes. Do not let the mixture come to a boil.
- Whisk in the chopped chocolate a little at a time until smooth.
- Divide among 6 to 8 mugs and garnish with whipped cream and mini marshmallows.
Sources: Food Network