A refreshing and sweet margarita with a bit of tang. This grapefruit margarita is a bit juicier than a standard margarita without any orange liqueur. You’ll end up with a more balanced margarita, allowing the grapefruit to shine.
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (from one grapefruit)
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (from two limes)
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- Grapefruit slices
- Kosher salt
- Juice the grapefruit: Place a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl or measuring cup. Squeeze the grapefruit over the fine mesh strainer to release all the juice and catch any pulp or seeds. You should have 4 ounces of squeezed grapefruit juice.
- Rim cocktail glass with salt: Pour the salt onto a small plate or bowl. Take your cocktail glasses and rub the rim of it with a grapefruit slice. Dip the glasses into the salt to coat the rim.
- Make the cocktail and serve: In a shaker filled 2/3 with ice, pour in the silver tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake for 20 seconds until chilled, then strain into the prepared glasses. Garnish with a grapefruit slice and serve.
Source: Simply Recipes