Alaska, renowned for its pristine waters and abundant seafood, offers a treasure trove of flavors waiting to be discovered. In this recipe, we take succulent salmon fillets and elevate them with a luscious glaze made from wild berries, capturing the essence of the Last Frontier. Join us as we guide you through the steps to create this unforgettable dish that brings the spirit of Alaska to your plate.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin on
- 1 cup mixed wild berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small saucepan, combine the wild berries, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the berries soften and release their juices, forming a thick glaze-like consistency. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salmon fillets, ensuring they are well coated.
- Place the salmon fillets on the preheated grill, skin-side down. Close the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until the salmon is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- During the last couple of minutes of grilling, generously brush the wild berry glaze over the top of each salmon fillet, allowing it to caramelize slightly.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the Grilled Salmon with Wild Berry Glaze hot, garnished with fresh dill for a pop of freshness and aroma.
- Accompany this delightful dish with a side of roasted vegetables or a bed of fluffy quinoa to complete your Alaskan-inspired feast.