The Cosmopolitan is a bright and easy-to-make cocktail with a variety of light flavors such as lime, orange, lemon and cranberry. It’s a vodka daisy which is a sour, made with fresh citrus and a liqueur like curacoa. If you’re looking for a more traditional Cosmopolitan, be sure to grab a lemon-accented citron vodka. The citrus accents are key to this drink. For the cranberry juice you want to go with a 100% unsweetened version. Refrain from cranberry juice cocktail as these are often packed with sugar, making it difficult to balance in a drink.
Total time: 5 mins
Serving: 1 serving
- 2 ounces Absolut Citron (citrus vodka)
- 3/4 ounce cranberry juice
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- Shake: Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake until cold to the touch.
- Strain: Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Enjoy!: Garnish with an orange twist.
Source: Simply Recipes