If you’ve been hard at work cleaning your blender, the last thing you want to see is a cloudy surface that just doesn’t go away. The minerals from fruits, produce and leafy greens can cause a film on your container which may leave you feeling like your blender is still dirty. Here’s how to get that blender back to crystal clear.
What You’ll Need:
- Baking soda
- Bowl for mixing
- Scrub pad
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Create a paste of baking soda and water. You want it to be thin enough to be spreadable, but not so thick that it will stick to the interior without dripping.
- Spread the paste all around the inside in an even coat. Let it sit for about 20 minutes, then take a scrub pad and scrub the container. Take your time with this and work in small sections.
- Rinse out the paste a few times to flush out all the baking soda.
- If the cloudiness remains, fill the container with a cup of white vinegar and water. Pour the cup of white vinegar and fill the rest with warm water. Let this sit for several hours or overnight.
- Rinse clean and enjoy your crystal clear blender again.
Source: the Kitchn