A subway tile backsplash is bound to build up grease. Follow this step by step guide on how to get those tiles shining again.
What You’ll Need:
- Dish soap
- Dish cloths
- Baking soda
- Grout sealer
- Use a soapy sponge: With circular motions, clean the backsplash and group with the sponge.
- Wipe clean: Take a damp dish cloth and wipe the tiles from any soapy residue.
- Create a paste: For persistent grease, mix a paste with one part lemon, juice, one part vinegar, and two parts baking soda.
- Scrub the tiles with the paste: Take a toothbrush and apply the paste on the tiles and grout. Scrub with the toothbrush or sponge.
- Wipe clean: Take a damp dish cloth and wipe the tiles clean.
- Apply a sealer: Let everything dry completely for a few hours. Apply one or two coats of a silicone-based grout sealer to protect your grout in the future.
Sources: The Kitchn