Select Cosmo Range Hoods can be used in one of two ways, ducted or ductless. A ducted range hood will carry the ventilated air through ductwork and ultimately outdoors. On the other hand, a ductless range hood will filter the air and recirculate it back into the kitchen. In order for a Cosmo ductless range hood to operate, it will need a charcoal carbon filter to effectively clean the air.
Before beginning, check your range hood model and serial number to correctly match the appropriate charcoal filter kit. Installation will slightly differ depending on the model. Here is how to install the CFK1-TM filter kit to convert to ductless operation.
How to Install CFK1-TM Filters:
- Remove the ARC-FLOW Baffle Filters
- Locate the motor and align one of the filters with the right side of the motor
- Twist and lock the filter into place
- Repeat Steps 2-3 on the left side of the motor
- Reinstall the ARC-FLOW Baffle Filters back into place
NOTE: For wall mounted hoods, chimney vent holes must be open and visible for the filtered air to recirculate.