Stay cool and refreshed with this sour and sweet margarita recipe. The combination of the sweetness from the mango and the tequila enhance each other. Use a Blanco or unaged tequila as the aged varieties can overpower the mango or create an oak-y flavor. You can use either pre-frozen chunks of mangoes or peel, cut and freeze your own.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
Yield: 4 to 6 cocktails
- Salt, for rimming, optional
- 8 ounces (1 cup) Blanco tequila
- 3 ounces (between 1/3 and 1/2 cup) freshly squeezed lime juice from about 2-3 lime
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) orange liqueur, like Cointreau
- 2 ounces (4 cups) orange juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) simple syrup (or more to taste)
- 4 cups (20 ounces) frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups ice
- Rim the glasses: Pour salt onto a plate that is slightly larger than your cocktail glass. Take a piece of lime and generously rub it around the outside rim of your glass. Dip the outside rim of your glass into the salt. Repeat with other glasses.
- Blend the margarita: In a blender add in Blanco tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice, orange liqueur, orange juice, simple syrup, frozen mango chunks, and ice cubes. Blend until smooth, depending on how powerful your blender is, this could take up to 1-2 minutes of blending on high.
- Serve immediately: Pour frozen margaritas into prepared glasses and serve.
Source: Simply Recipes