Immerse yourself in the vibrant culinary scene of Miami with our mouthwatering Mojito Grilled Shrimp Skewers recipe! This delectable dish captures the essence of the Sunshine State’s tropical flavors and lively atmosphere. Imagine succulent shrimp marinated in a zesty blend of lime, rum, and fresh herbs, then grilled to perfection for a burst of smoky goodness. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or simply craving a taste of Miami, these tangy skewers are an excellent choice. Get ready to transport your taste buds to the sunny shores of Miami as we guide you through this simple, friendly, and oh-so-flavorful recipe!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, rum, olive oil, minced garlic, chopped mint leaves, chopped cilantro leaves, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the marinade, ensuring they are coated evenly. Cover the bowl and let the shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated shrimp onto skewers, piercing them through the tail and head ends.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the preheated grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until they turn pink and opaque.
- Remove the shrimp skewers from the grill and transfer them to a serving platter.
- Garnish with additional chopped fresh mint and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve the Mojito Grilled Shrimp Skewers hot, accompanied by lime wedges for a refreshing squeeze of citrus flavor.