Try out this delicious oatmeal cream cookie recipe, courtesy of Culinary.net . These are easy to make and use practical ingredients you may already have in your pantry. Learn below how you can bring a new experience to your holiday season.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
Vanilla Bean Cream Filling:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make oatmeal cookies: with a mixer, cream butter, dark brown sugar and light brown sugar on medium-high speed until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and oats. Gradually add oat mixture to wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon dough into hands and roll into balls. Flatten balls and place onto prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around edges. Move cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make vanilla bean cream filling: with a mixer, cream butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and heavy cream; mix until combined.
- Pipe or spoon a large dollop of filling on half the cookies; top each with second cookie.