Focaccia can be a simple yet delicious side dish with various toppings. Try this onion herb recipe for a beautiful snack with just the right amount of flavor. Serve it as a compliment to your main entrée or even as a sandwich bread.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary/oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- On a floured surface, roll out 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough into a 10-by-15-inch rectangle; press into an oiled rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary and/or oregano, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and a big pinch of sea salt.
- Brush half of the herb oil over the dough, then set aside until puffy, about 1 hour.
- Make dimples in the dough with your fingers and top with thin onion slices and shaved parmesan.
- Bake at 400 until golden, about 20 minutes. Brush with the remaining herb oil.
Source: Food Network