This simple recipe delivers on flavor and creaminess. The richness of the sauce makes for a satisfying dinner. Instead of using heavy cream, this recipe calls for cashew cream as a vegan alternative. The soft texture is similar to Alredo, and with a few fresh herbs the sauce is the forefront player in the recipe. Make this with roasted butternut squash or some fried asparagus.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounces spaghetti or fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 recipe cashew cream sauce (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the pasta: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Cook the tomatoes: In the same pot you cooked the pasta, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook until them until they are hot and easily burst when pressed, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Make the sauce: Combine the cashew cream in a blender with the chopped basil, chives, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble the pasta: Add the sauce to the pan with the tomatoes and pasta. Warm over low heat until the pasta sauce is hot. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss together to combine. Serve with an extra sprinkle of basil if desired.
Source: Simply Recipes