A classic margarita cocktail with a fresh and delicious twist. This peach margarita is made with fresh muddled peaches and peach schnapps to instantly transport you to the beach. An aged tequila adds a caramel and toffee background to complement the fruit. The lime zest brightens up the salt rim for a burst of citrus.
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serving: 1 cocktail
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium ripe to slightly over-ripe peach
- 2 ounces añjeo tequila
- 2 ounces peach schnapps
- Zest and juice the lime: Use a microplane to zest the lime onto a small plate. Halve and juice the lime into a pourable container. A Pyrex measuring cup would work just fine.
- Make the lime zest salt: Combine 1/4 teaspoon lime zest and salt. Mix it together with your fingers.
- Rim the rocks glass: Dip your finger into the lime juice and rub it just under the rim of the rocks glass around the glass. Press the rim into the lime salt until it sticks to the glass.
- Muddle the peach: Halve the peach and remove the pit. Slice the peach into about 8 (1-inch) slices. Add the peach slices into a cocktail shaker. Using a cocktail muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon, mash the peach slices until smooth.
- Add the spirits and lime juice to the shaker: Add the tequila, peach schnapps, and 1 ounce of lime juice to the cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker halfway with ice, and shake to chill, about 20 seconds.
- Serve the cocktail: Carefully fill the rimmed rocks glass with a handful of ice. Strain the cocktail into the glass, swirling the shaker back and forth a couple of times to make sure all the liquid gets strained through the peach pulp and the strainer doesn’t get clogged. Serve.
Source: Simply Recipes