A quick and effortless recipe for delicious potatoes. These are baked with sherry and butter with a generous salting and a little bit of parsley. Pop these in the oven and have them ready for tonight’s dinner in no time.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound russet or yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed clean, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 a stick), melted
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Prepare potato slices in baking dish: Arrange potato slices in layers in a gratin pan or baking pan, sprinkling salt and pepper over each layer. Pour sherry over the potatoes. Pour the melted butter over the potatoes. Make sure the potatoes are well coated.
- Bake: Bake at 375°F uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked, but not mushy, and they are slightly browned on top.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley to serve.
Source: Simply Recipes