Need a comforting and hearty meal to warm you up on a cold night? This beef stroganoff recipe is the answer. Tender strips of beef are cooked in a creamy mushroom sauce and served over egg noodles for a classic and comforting dish that is sure to satisfy.
- 1 lb beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Egg noodles, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef strips and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour in the beef broth, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the beef strips back to the pan and stir in the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce is heated through and the beef is tender.
- Serve the beef stroganoff over cooked egg noodles.