Try this delicious apple cake recipe for the festivities ahead. You’ll love the combination of the crisp fruit and cinnamon sugar-flavored pastry. A perfect balance without too much sweetness. Recipe courtesy of Culinary.net
- 3 cusps Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons, plus 2 cups, sugar, divided
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Icing (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon and 5 tablespoons sugar until combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. Form well in middle of mixture. Add oil, eggs, orange juice and vanilla; mix until blended.
- In springform pan, pour half of batter. Add apple mixture. Pour remaining batter over apple mixture. Sprinkle remaining sugar over batter.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until top is golden brown and tester comes out clean and dry.
- Drizzle with icing, if desired.