This iconic seafood dish embodies the essence of Maine’s culinary heritage, showcasing the bountiful and fresh flavors of the sea. With its succulent chunks of tender lobster meat, delicately seasoned and nestled in a buttery roll, the Maine Lobster Roll is a true coastal delicacy that will transport you to the shores of this picturesque New England state. Join us as we guide you through the steps to recreate this culinary masterpiece, allowing you to savor the authentic taste of Maine in every delectable bite.
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 split-top hot dog rolls
- Butter, softened
- Fresh chives, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix well until smooth and creamy.
- Add the chopped lobster meat, celery, and green onions to the bowl. Gently toss the ingredients together until evenly coated with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spread a thin layer of softened butter on the inside surfaces of each hot dog roll.
- Place the buttered rolls on the heated skillet, pressing them down gently. Toast the rolls until golden brown and slightly crispy on both sides.
- Once the rolls are toasted, remove them from the skillet and let them cool slightly.
- Divide the lobster mixture equally among the toasted rolls, filling them generously.
- Garnish the lobster rolls with fresh chives, if desired, for an extra burst of flavor.
- Serve the Maine Lobster Rolls immediately, accompanied by lemon wedges for a refreshing touch. Enjoy the taste of Maine’s coastal charm with this classic seafood delight.