This delightful dish showcases the region’s bountiful seafood and the unique touch of Washington’s apple orchards. Succulent salmon fillets are perfectly cooked to perfection and topped with a tangy glaze made from locally sourced apple cider. With its harmonious blend of savory and sweet flavors, this recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and transport you to the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Let’s dive into the simple steps to create this delectable Washington-inspired meal!
- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine apple cider, soy sauce, honey, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the glaze thickens slightly.
- Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Brush each fillet generously with the tangy apple cider glaze, reserving some for later.
- Bake the salmon in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. For an extra caramelized finish, you can broil the salmon on high for the last 2 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Drizzle the remaining glaze over the cooked salmon before serving.
- Garnish with fresh parsley for a pop of color and added freshness.
- Serve the Savory Salmon with Tangy Apple Cider Glaze alongside steamed vegetables and your favorite side dish, such as roasted potatoes or wild rice.
- Enjoy the incredible flavors of Washington in every bite!