Acai is a great fruit packed with antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. Try this recipe containing unsweetened frozen puree for a delicious flavor with slight olive oil notes. Add the classic toppings for a bowl loaded with fiber.
- Two 4-ounce packets unsweetened frozen acai puree
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons granola
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- Break the frozen acai up a little by slapping the sealed packets on the countertop or hitting them with a meat mallet. Blend the berries with 1/2 the banana, 1/4 cup of the blueberries and the honey in the blender, stopping to stir and break up the mixture as needed, until it’s the consistency of a thick smoothie; transfer to a cereal bowl.
- Slice the remaining 1/2 banana. Arrange the slices, the remaining 1/4 cup blueberries, granola, pomegranate seeds and coconut flakes in neat piles or rows on top of the acai.
Source: Food Network