Among one of the easier desserts to make is classic French clafoutis. It’s a custard with enough structure to support a lot of fruit. Try this recipe if you’re looking for a dessert with little work and plenty of payoff. You can create this delicious treat with just basic ingredients like eggs, sugar, flour and fruit!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups of fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons of blanched slivered almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar (can reduce to 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk (2% or whole milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon of almond extract (can sub 2 teaspoons of Amaretto)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Butter and flour baking dish, scatter with cherries and slivered almonds: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and lightly flour a 9X9 or 10X7 baking dish. Scatter the cherries and slivered almonds over the bottom of the dish.
- Make batter with eggs, sugar, salt, and flour: Whisk the eggs and sugars together until smooth. Whisk in the salt and flour until smooth.
- Add the milk, almond extract, and vanilla extract: Whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking dish over the cherries and slivered almonds.
- Bake: Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Check about halfway through the baking and if the top is getting well browned tent it loosely with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven to cool: When you pull it put of the oven it will wiggle a bit which is normal. Place on a wire rack to cool. The clafoutis will have puffed up quite a bit and will deflate while cooling.
- Dust with powdered sugar: When cool dust the clafoutis with powdered sugar. Serve.
Source: Simply Recipes