Chili Crab is one of Singapore’s most popular dishes, and for good reason. This mouthwatering seafood dish is made with succulent crab in a tangy and spicy sauce that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. The sauce is made with a combination of chili paste, tomato sauce, and soy sauce, creating a unique flavor that is quintessentially Singaporean. Whether you’re a seafood lover or just looking to try something new, this Singapore-style Chili Crab recipe is a must-try!
- 2 Dungeness crabs, cleaned and chopped into pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a wok or large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and onion, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add chili paste and cook for another minute.
- Add crab pieces and stir-fry until the shells turn red.
- Add tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro.