Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make Chinese dish? Try this crispy and savory Chinese eggplant recipe! The eggplant is fried to perfection and then coated with a flavorful sauce that is both sweet and savory. This dish is sure to satisfy your cravings for Chinese cuisine and impress your taste buds with its unique flavors and textures.
- 2 medium-sized eggplants, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- In a large bowl, toss the eggplant pieces with cornstarch until evenly coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from skillet and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and sesame oil.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the cooked eggplant pieces to the skillet and toss to coat evenly with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds, and serve hot.