Craving some Chinese food but don’t want to order takeout? Try making this flavorful Chinese egg fried rice recipe at home! This dish is packed with savory flavors and is a great way to use up any leftover rice you may have. Plus, it’s easy to customize with your favorite veggies or protein. Give this recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (such as peas, carrots, and corn)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the beaten eggs to the other side. Scramble the eggs until cooked through.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and toss everything together until well combined.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the rice is heated through.