If you’re looking for a unique and flavorful recipe to spice up your next barbecue, look no further than these Spicy Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Skewers! This recipe combines the classic Thai flavors of coconut milk and curry with succulent shrimp to create a mouthwatering dish that will impress your guests. It’s a perfect addition to any summer gathering or outdoor party.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, grated ginger, and salt.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat them with the marinade. Cover the bowl and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the shrimp, bell peppers, and onion onto the soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are cooked through and the vegetables are lightly charred.
- Serve the skewers hot with additional lime wedges and fresh cilantro.