Nothing beats the smell of warm cinnamon and fresh apples baking in the oven on a lazy Sunday morning. With this homemade cinnamon apple muffins recipe, you can bring that cozy feeling into your own kitchen. These muffins are fluffy, moist, and bursting with sweet apple and spicy cinnamon flavors. Plus, they’re super simple to make, even if you’re not an experienced baker. Let’s get started!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg lightly with a fork. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the diced apple pieces.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.