Craving some hearty Italian comfort food? Look no further than this delicious homemade lasagna recipe. Made with layers of rich meat sauce, creamy cheese filling, and tender pasta, this dish is the perfect comfort food for a cozy night in. While it may seem intimidating to make from scratch, this recipe is actually quite simple and easy to follow. So get ready to impress your taste buds and your dinner guests with this mouthwatering dish.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain the fat from the skillet, then stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a layer of meat sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles, then a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of meat sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese over the top of the lasagna.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before serving.