This delicious One-Pot Italian Chicken and Rice Recipe is a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be easily made in just one pot! It’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something quick and easy, but still packed with flavor. The best part is that it doesn’t require any complicated techniques or fancy ingredients.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion and red bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5-6 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the uncooked rice, diced tomatoes (undrained), chicken broth, dried basil, and dried oregano to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir everything together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the rice is cooked, return the chicken to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious One-Pot Italian Chicken and Rice!