A bright lemon Bundt cake with a sweet-tart glaze and ultra-moist crumb will be sure to bring a bit of sun to even the gloomiest days. Yogurt cake is perfect for a tender, sweet cake with a lighter and fluffier texture. Lemon is one of the most popular ingredients to add in. Serve this along your favorite cup of tea and enjoy. Make this for an upcoming special occasion like Mother’s Day!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Servings: 12 to 16 servings
For the cake:
- 1 cup vegetable oil, canola oil, or olive oil, plus more for coating the pan
- 3 cups (384 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup finely grated lemon zest (from about 4 medium lemons)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups (452 grams) plain whole-milk yogurt (regular or Greek)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest (optional)
- Arrange oven rack, preheat the oven, prepare Bundt pan: Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Generously coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with olive oil. Dust with 2 tablespoons of the flour and tap out any excess; set aside.
- Mix sugar and lemon zest together: Place the sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl and rub together with your fingertips until the sugar is moist and the mixture is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add wet ingredients to the sugar: Crack the eggs into the bowl with the sugar and lemon zest and whisk vigorously until pale yellow and frothy, about 1 minute. Whisk in the yogurt, olive oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients: To the bowl with the wet ingredients, whisk in the baking powder and kosher salt. Add the flour and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined and all the flour is incorporated. (A few small lumps in the batter are fine, be sure to not overmix.)
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake: Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Bake until the cake is lightly browned and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean with just a few crumbs, about 45 minutes.
- Cool the cake and release from Bundt pan: Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully flip it out of the pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely before glazing.
- Make the glaze, drizzle and serve: Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and sprinkle the top with lemon zest, if desired.
Let stand for at least 10 minutes to allow the glaze to set before slicing and serving.
Source: Simply Recipes