We’re well into summer, and nothing complements the season better than a glass of ice-cold strawberry lemonade. As with most things, strawberry lemonade tastes best when made from scratch. You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make a pitcher full of the summertime treat. Serve it for your next family cookout or even add a shot of our favorite liquor for a delicious alcoholic beverage.
- 2 cups strawberries (10 to 12 ounces)
- 2 pounds lemons (8 to 10 medium)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 cups cold water, plus more as needed
- Prep the strawberries and squeeze the lemons. Hull and quarter 2 cups fresh strawberries. Place in a blender. Juice 2 pounds lemons until you have 1 1/2 cups juice. Add the juice to the blender.
- Make the strawberry mixture and strain. Add 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and blend on high speed until the strawberries are puréed and the sugar is dissolved, 20 to 25 seconds. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 2-quart or larger pitcher. Discard the contents of the strainer.
- Add the water and serve over ice. Add 4 cups cold water to the pitcher and stir until thoroughly combined. Taste the strawberry lemonade; if it’s too intense, add more cold water 1/4 cup at a time as needed. Serve the strawberry lemonade over ice.
Source: the Kitchn