You can never go wrong with a classic mac and cheese for the cold winter days ahead. Try out this quick and simple recipe to indulge in a childhood favorite the entire family will love. Recipe courtesy of Culinary.net .
- 12 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Slowly whisk in milk, cream, mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Whisk and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted.
- In large bowl, add cooked macaroni and cheese sauce. Mix well and pour into greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Bake 18-24 minutes, or until bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.