This iconic dessert embodies the tropical flavors and laid-back atmosphere of Miami, making it a beloved treat for locals and visitors alike. With its smooth and creamy key lime filling, nestled in a buttery graham cracker crust, Miami Key Lime Pie is a slice of paradise on your plate. Join us as we guide you through the steps to create this tantalizing dessert, allowing you to indulge in the tropical essence of Miami with each luscious bite.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Key lime slices, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Mix well until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish to form the crust.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Gradually add the key lime juice and key lime zest to the egg yolk mixture, whisking continuously until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the key lime filling into the cooled graham cracker crust, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the filling is set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until fully chilled and set.
- Once the pie is fully chilled, garnish with whipped cream and key lime slices for an extra touch of freshness and presentation.
- Slice and serve the Miami Key Lime Pie, savoring the tangy and tropical flavors that capture the essence of this vibrant city.