Take your taste buds on a journey with a mouth-watering Mongolian beef recipe that’s bursting with bold flavors and tender meat. This savory dish features succulent strips of beef that are stir-fried to perfection with caramelized onions and a sweet and savory sauce. With its unique combination of ingredients and simple preparation, this Mongolian beef recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add the beef strips and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Remove the beef from the wok and set it aside.
- Add the sliced onions to the wok and stir-fry until caramelized.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and water.
- Add the sauce to the wok and bring it to a simmer.
- Add the beef back to the wok and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the beef is cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve hot with steamed rice.