Try this delicious peanut butter cookies recipe. Use your favorite peanut butter and for the best shape, let the dough chill for at least three hours before baking. These are perfect with the cross-hatch pattern on top for the final touch.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Dough chilling: 3 hrs
Total time: 3 hrs 40 mins
Servings: 24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, 4 ounces, 112 g), unsalted or salted, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (130 g) peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups (160 g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (if using salted butter, omit the salt)
- Make the cookie dough. Beat the butter until creamy, 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and white sugar, beat for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and the egg.
In a separate bowl, vigorously whisk together the dry ingredients—the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
- Chill the dough. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Shape the cookies. Shape the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place the balls of dough about 3 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. (It helps to dip the fork in sugar to keep it from sticking to the dough.)
- Bake at 375°F until light brown, about 9 to 10 minutes. (Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool in their baking sheets for a minute. After a minute, transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
Note: For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.
Source: Simply Recipes