Looking for a new dish to add to your weeknight dinner rotation? Try this smoky sausage and sweet potato skillet recipe that’s packed with flavor and easy to make. The combination of savory sausage and sweet potatoes creates a perfect balance of flavors that will leave you wanting more. Plus, with just one skillet to clean up, you can spend more time enjoying your meal and less time washing dishes.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the sliced sausage and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the diced sweet potato to the skillet and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper, yellow onion, and minced garlic to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika and stir to combine.
- Return the sausage to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!