Get ready for a taste explosion with this delicious and hearty Shakshuka recipe straight from the Middle East. This dish is a staple of Arabic cuisine and is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. With a combination of spicy and savory flavors, it’s sure to be a hit with anyone who loves bold and delicious food.
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add some olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the diced red and green bell peppers and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until they soften.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well and let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Use a spoon to make four small wells in the tomato mixture and crack an egg into each well.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let the eggs cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot with some crusty bread or pita bread.