If you’re looking for a new way to spice up your tofu game, this pan-fried tofu recipe with tomato chutney is a must-try! This dish is perfect for those who love a bit of heat in their meals, as the combination of spices and chutney creates a flavorful and satisfying dish. Plus, it’s vegetarian and vegan-friendly, making it a great option for those looking for meat-free alternatives.
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and sprinkle with chili powder, cumin powder, paprika, and salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the tofu cubes. Fry them until they are golden brown on all sides.
- In another pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add the chopped onions. Fry them until they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, grated ginger, cumin seeds, lemon juice, and honey to the pan with the onions. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and the mixture becomes a chutney-like consistency.
- Serve the pan-fried tofu hot with the tomato chutney on top.