Are you looking for a delicious and flavorful rice dish to add to your recipe collection? This Middle Eastern rice pilaf recipe is perfect for those who love aromatic and spicy dishes. Made with a blend of spices, herbs, and vegetables, this rice dish will surely satisfy your taste buds. Plus, it’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the spices (cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, allspice) to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the rice to the pot and stir to coat the grains in the spice mixture.
- Add the broth and water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and let simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Add the dried apricots, dates, and slivered almonds to the pot and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!