Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dinner that is both vegan and gluten-free? Try this spicy tofu and mushroom stir-fry recipe! Loaded with bold flavors and savory textures, this dish is perfect for busy weeknights when you need a quick and satisfying meal. Plus, it’s a great way to incorporate plant-based protein into your diet.
- 1 block of firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 tbsp of water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the cubed tofu and cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove the tofu from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced mushrooms, red bell pepper, chopped onion, and minced garlic.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, sriracha sauce, cornstarch, and water until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and stir well to coat the vegetables.
- Add the cooked tofu back to the skillet and stir gently.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and the tofu is heated through.
- Serve hot over cooked rice.