Thailand is famous for its street food and diverse cuisine, which is a harmonious blend of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy flavors. One of the most popular dishes in Thailand is Tom Yum Soup, a fragrant and savory soup that is perfect for warming up on a cold day. The soup is made with a variety of fresh ingredients, including lemongrass, lime, and chili, creating a burst of exotic flavors in every spoonful.
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 1 cup mixed seafood (shrimp, squid, mussels)
- In a large pot, bring the chicken or vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, tamarind paste, and palm sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the sliced chili and mixed seafood and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the seafood is cooked through.
- Serve hot with a garnish of fresh cilantro and lime wedges.