Cooking can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it can also be time-consuming and frustrating. Luckily, we’ve got some secret kitchen hacks that will make your life easier and help you enjoy cooking again. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice cheese: Slicing cheese can be a challenge, but using a vegetable peeler can make it a breeze. Simply run the peeler along the edge of the cheese block for perfectly thin slices.
- Save your bacon grease: Don’t toss that bacon grease! Save it in a jar in the fridge and use it to add flavor to your cooking. It’s perfect for frying eggs, sautéing veggies, and more.
- Use a muffin tin for meal prep: Meal prep can be a daunting task, but using a muffin tin can make it easier. Fill each cup with different ingredients and you’ll have pre-portioned meals ready to go.
- Freeze leftover wine: If you have leftover wine, don’t let it go to waste. Pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze. You can use the wine cubes in sauces, soups, and more.
- Use a binder clip as a bag clip: Don’t have any bag clips on hand? No problem! Use a binder clip to seal your bags of chips, cereal, and more.