Bangkok is known for its vibrant street food scene, and one dish that stands out among the rest is Bangkok-style Fried Rice. Made with a medley of fresh ingredients, this fried rice is bursting with flavor and is sure to satisfy your cravings. From the savory shrimp and tender chicken to the crunchy vegetables and fragrant spices, this dish is a perfect example of the unique flavors that Bangkok has to offer.
- 2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and shrimp to the pan and cook until they are browned on all sides.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are tender.
- Add the chilled rice to the pan and stir to combine with the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the rice and stir to combine.
- Push the rice to the side of the pan and add the beaten eggs to the center. Scramble the eggs until they are fully cooked, then stir them into the rice mixture.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped green onions.