Looking for a delicious and spicy Chinese dish to try at home? Look no further than this flavorful Kung Pao Chicken recipe. Made with tender chunks of chicken, savory peanuts, and spicy chili peppers, this dish is a classic in Chinese cuisine. The key to achieving the perfect balance of flavors is in the sauce, which includes ingredients like soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Best of all, this dish can be prepared in just 30 minutes, making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 4 dried chili peppers
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, and water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Add the bell peppers, peanuts, and dried chili peppers, and stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and green onions, and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables, and stir until the sauce thickens and coats everything evenly.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.