Famous for its bourbon and warm hospitality, brings you a dessert that embodies the essence of Southern sweetness. This classic pie features a luscious filling made with a combination of pecans, brown sugar, butter, and the distinct touch of Kentucky bourbon. With its flaky crust and gooey, caramelized pecan filling, each bite is a heavenly experience that will transport you to the charming Southern charm of the Bluegrass State. Join us as we guide you through the steps to create this irresistible Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Pie, a dessert that captures the heart and soul of Kentucky’s culinary heritage.
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 and 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and crimp the edges decoratively. Set aside.
- Spread the pecan halves evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, Kentucky bourbon, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the pecans in the pie crust, making sure to cover them evenly.
- Carefully transfer the pie to the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the filling is set and golden brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- Slice and serve the Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a truly decadent treat.