Looking for a comforting and hearty meal that’s perfect for a cold night? Try this delicious cheesy baked ziti recipe with Italian sausage. It’s packed with savory flavors and gooey melted cheese, making it a crowd-pleaser for all pasta lovers. The best part? It’s super simple to make and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. Let’s get started!
- 1 pound of ziti pasta
- 1 pound of ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the ziti pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground Italian sausage over medium-high heat until browned and fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion and garlic until softened and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well and let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the cooked ziti pasta and cooked Italian sausage to the skillet. Stir well to coat everything with the sauce.
- Pour half of the ziti mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with half of the shredded mozzarella cheese and half of the grated Parmesan cheese. Repeat with the remaining ziti mixture and cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.